Strawberry and Ricotta Cheese Crepes with Balsamic Sauce

>> Wednesday 10 June 2009

I think I am loving too much pancakes these days. A week ago, I made Cherry Ricotta cheese Pancakes and although it was delicious, I still prefer traditional pancakes, not too light. I love my carbo. =)

Because I still have ricotta cheese left, I thought of making ricotta filled crepes. Crepes are basically very thin pancakes. I feel a little bit guilty of eating too much pancakes so what a nice excuse to eat the french version of it. =P
Then, I went to the local store and found fresh organic and locally-produced strawberries. What a perfect combination! It was indeed! Drizzled with balsamic vinegar sauce, it is a match made in heaven. Simple but heavenly.=)

Strawberries and Ricotta Cheese Crepes with Balsamic Sauce
Crepes

1 c All purpose Flour/Cake Flour
1 tsp baking powder
3 tbsp sugar
3/4 cup evaporated or fresh milk
2 whole medium eggs
1/4 stick unsalted butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp lemon rind

Directions
In a large bowl, sift together dry ingredients. Set Aside.
Cream butter and sugar. Add egg one at a time until well incorporated. Pour in vanilla and lemon rind. Gradually add the dry ingredients. Mix well just until smooth and no lumps.
Over medium heat, grease griddle with a little butter.
Pour about 2 tablespoons of batter.
Once the top starts to bubble, lift the edge with a pallete knife to see if it’s turned golden brown, flip it over and cook the other side which should only take about half a minute.

Strawberries and Ricotta Cheese Filling

5 pieces of Strawberries sliced (macerate with 3 tbsp demerara sugar & 2 tsps lemon juice)
extra strawberries for garnish
1/2 c ricotta cheese
1/2 c whipped cream
1/2 c lemon/orange yogurt
1 tbsp sugar
Combine ingredients until well blended.
Spoon over crepe and roll. Drizzle with balsamic sauce and dust with icing/confectioner's sugar. Garnish with sliced strawberries.
Breakfast served!

10 comments:

♥peachkins♥ 11 June 2009 at 00:15  

Shucks...inggit ako.breakfast time pa naman dito at ang aga-aga ay work na agad.

Sweta (My Indian Dietitian) 11 June 2009 at 00:57  

Oh these sound really good-I love ricotta cheese,and that paired with strawberry sounds too good :)

Confession Nook 11 June 2009 at 08:15  

Peachkins: ooopss...don't let anyone go to work without breakfast! =)thanks!

sweta: too good..but lets indulge...=) thanks!

Kim, USA 11 June 2009 at 22:02  

Oh gush I love crepes this is the only thing that I haven't tried yet. I have a crepe pan here but used it for making pancake or hot cake. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

MaMely 12 June 2009 at 18:22  

WOW!! ang sarap na naman. Makes me want to eat the pix.

cpsanti 14 June 2009 at 08:07  

hm the balsamic sauce sounds interesting ;-) i imagine it'd provide a tart contrast to the sweetness of the strawberries. hm, very interesting! ;-)

Confession Nook 14 June 2009 at 10:06  

Manang KIm: use your crepe pan!!! =)

Mamely: naku..i bet you have that heirloom pancake recipe Mamely..=)

Kamran: thanks for droppin by..i know you make lovely pancakes (winks)

caryn: indeed! it sort of blends in your mouth..the sweetness of strawberries and the tangy taste of balsamic sauce..=)

Jamie 16 June 2009 at 03:41  

Yum do those crepes lok fantastic! I have to go now and check out the cherry crepes you made (if you blogged them!) as I love cherries! But I'll bet this filling will go with almost any fruit.

Jen 22 June 2009 at 19:56  

This looks very yummy. I will try to make this for breakfast one day!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP