Coconut Chilli Thai Chicken

>> Monday 6 April 2009


It was ate beth's late birthday celebration. She bought 2 packs of chicken wings and she wanted me to do something out of it. Adobo isn't part of the option so, I browsed my 1 Million Cookbook for any idea. I found a chicken recipe that calls for coconut. The final dish was a dry-looking sauteed chicken strips but I wanted a creamy colorful dish. Red hot chilli was the first thing that popped in my mind. I had it when I went to Salisbury farmer's market last tuesday. I also added red sweet peppers and chopped chives for added color and taste. =)


Coconut Chilli Thai Chicken

1 tbsp olive oil
half clove garlic minced
1 big onion minced
1 big red tomato diced
1/2 kilo of chicken wings or any part you like (i don't prefer chicken breasts coz i find it bland)
3 red hot chillis (espada or siling labuyo)
2.5 cups thin coconut milk
dash of salt and pepper to taste
1/2 tsp MSG or 1 tsp Ginisa Mix
1/4 cup red or green sweet bell pepper diced
1 tbsp chopped chives/sibuyas dahon


Heat oil in wok. Saute garlic and onion, tomato until translucent. Add chicken wings, salt and pepper, MSG and stir-fry for 3 minutes. Add coconut milk and chilli, cover and let it simmer until chicken is tender and the stock has thickened. Turn the heat off then add the sweet bell pepper and chives. Stir well.

Serve with rice. Happy Cookin'

Caution: Very Hot ! =)

3 comments:

Brenda Campbell 2 May 2009 at 09:47  

This dish looks awesome! I have been craving Thai food and I just think this will be dinner sometime this week LOL

Confession Nook 2 May 2009 at 19:05  

hi brenda..thanks! let me know how it went...=)

Tangled Noodle 3 May 2009 at 14:29  

I had to look at this b/c I love creamy coconut dishes! I would double the sauce so that there would a lot to put on rice. 8-)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP