Baked Lemon Cod on a bed of Garlic Butter Couscous

>> Thursday 23 April 2009

I was on night duty the day before and my co-worker Babitha said I was insanely uttering "I want to eat fish and chips..i want to eat fish and chips" I didn't realize I was saying that..must have been so engrossed with the idea of eating fish because the last time I ate one was when I had my birthday, that was 24 days ago to be exact.

I finally managed to go to Southampton to do my grocery for the week. I usually do online shopping but then I've been dying to go to the supermarket, the sight of vegetables and fruits makes me excited..it's like a child going for her first ferris wheel ride, that feeling happens all the time, everytime! Plus, I want to eat fish and chips at Harry Ramsden's. So i did! It was super!

So, the cod loin I bought was supposedly for fish and chips try-out but I changed my mind. I want to try something new out of it, something that's light, fresh and lemony. Here's how I made it:
Preheat oven at 2ooc

Baked Lemon Cod on a bed of Garlic Butter Couscous

250grams Cod Loin -skinned
1 tsp lemon rind
2 tsp lemon juice
1/4c sun-dried tomatoes chopped
1/4c sweet bell pepper diced
spring onions chopped
2tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
salt and pepper to taste

Mix all the ingredients together and spread it over the fish. Place it in a baking dish lined with baking paper or foil. Cover loosely with foil and bake in the oven for 5 minutes. Remove the foil and continue baking for another 5-10 minutes until the fish becomes opaque and flakes easily and the toppings browned. Meanwhile, make the bed for the fish. =)

Garlic Butter Couscous
1.5c boiling water
1c couscous
1tsp salt
1 tbsp butter
1 tsp grated garlic

In a bowl, stir to combine all the ingredients together. Cover with a dish towel and let it sit for 5 minutes. Fluff with fork afterwards.

Serve the baked lemon cod on a bed of garlic butter couscous.

Happy eating! =)
acdee

2 comments:

reiz 24 April 2009 at 09:19  

This looks good!

Will try this recipe (=

Confession Nook 2 May 2009 at 19:00  

thanks reiz..let me know..=)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP