What's for dinner? Easy Sesame and Tamarind Pork Stir-Fry

>> Wednesday 10 March 2010

Yummylicious!
So, the dreaded question...

What's for dinner tonight?

When I am confronted with such dilemma, I usually bounce back and ask..what would you like to have for dinner? Meat or vegetables?

and the usual answer?? Meat with vegetables!

..uhmm..ok.

Right.

Meat with vegetables, it is!

me-Looking at the pantry. Sesame oil, mushrooms, sauces, tamarind paste (unopened),hmm..interesting. There's not much in the pantry. Great.

oh well!

I just can't be bothered with thinking, trying to squeeze the heck out of my neurons to work. I just have to cook up something fast, easy, yummy and "kid-friendly". You see, I have two toddlers/picky-eaters at home. One is 3 years old, the other is 23. I am not pressured at all.

So what did I come up?

Deliciousness! Not to mention fast, easy, yummy and kid-friendly....did I mention that again?

Yay!

It just means I am summoning you to try this out! It can save your life.

Easy Sesame and Tamarind Pork Stir-Fry
  • 500g pork slice thinly against the grain
  • 1 clove garlic minced
  • 1 tsbp oil

Marinade:

  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsbp sesame oil
  • 1 tbsp oyster sauce
  • 1.5 tbsp tamarind paste
  • 1/2 c water
  • 1 tbsp light soy sauce (I used Kikkoman, but you can use any brand you like)
  • 2 tsbp dark soy sauce (I used Silver Swan)
  • 1 tsp sugar
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp cornstarch

Garnish:

  • 2 tsps sesame seeds toasted
  • chopped spring onions/scallions
  • steamed green vegetables- broccoli asparagus bok choy petchay chinese cabbage - or any veggies you like!
  • Pork cracklings- yes, eating cholesterol from time to time is good when it's pork cracklings..go for it..=P
Procedure
  • Combine pork with garlic powder, sesame oil, oyster sauce, tamarind paste, water, light and dark soy sauce, sugar, salt and cornstarch. Marinate for 15 minutes (If you have 30minutes, better! An hour? Perfection!)
  • Heat oil in wok, over medium heat, saute garlic until lightly browned.
  • Add the pork and marinade. Stir-fry over high heat for 3-5 minutes, just until the meat lose it's pink color.
  • Top with toasted sesame seeds, pork cracklings (hmmm, orgasmic!) and chopped spring onions.
  • Serve hot with rice and steamed vegetables. Easy Sesame and Tamarind Pork Stir-Fry
Let's pig out! =) Boink! boink!
acdee

4 comments:

Justin 11 March 2010 at 20:53  

mmm, tamarind sounds great. i usually have trouble finding that in my local markets though.

iNg 12 March 2010 at 18:14  

wow, ac, this is great!!!
me-got to try this one of these days jud. hehehe...
and your photos are good ha. thumbs up!
ingat... c'',)

lucas 17 March 2010 at 08:06  

it's very enticing to eat food prepared in that way.. hehe!

Trissa 21 March 2010 at 09:45  

You added chicharon to the dish? Oh my - this sounds deadly delicious! I love the sounds of the marinade too!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP