Hot King Prawns in Oyster Sauce

>> Friday 1 May 2009

This dish is as easy as it looks. I don't usually use "gourmet" ingredients. I'm still quiet intimidated by most of it, so simple as it is, non-complicated dish just the way i like it. Having said that though, I'm still open for changes, after all I love food..I'm just taking things easy...=)

Now, I could probably eat an all-seafood diet for a year rather than red meat. I'm such a huge fan of prawns, crabs, seashells, and fish...hence the combination prawns and oyster. =)

Hot King Prawns in Oyster Sauce

15 pieces of medium-sized prawns cooked peeled deveined (you can leave the tail if you want)
1 big red tomato diced
1 onion chopped
2 cloves garlic minced
1 red hot chilli
spring onions chopped
1/4cup sweet red/green bell pepper diced
3 tbs Oyster Sauce
1/4c water (optional- for uncooked prawns)
salt and pepper

Heat oil in a pan.
Saute onion and garlic over medium heat until brown and translucent.
Add tomato and chilli. Stir-fry for 2 minutes
Add prawns, oyster sauce and water, season with salt and pepper. Cover to cook for 1-2minutes. Turn off the heat. Toss in bell pepper and spring onions.

- You can add a little bit of water if the dish becomes a little bit dry, if your using fresh uncooked prawns, its water content is enough to keep the dish moist. However, if your using cooked prawns, you may want to add just a little bit of water with it to keep it from drying out.

Best served with rice. Happy Cookin' and eating!

8 comments:

Justin 2 May 2009 at 02:14  

it sounds easy and it looks tasty... might have to try it

Confession Nook 2 May 2009 at 21:45  

=) let me know...thanks for droppin by..=)

Sharon 2 May 2009 at 22:30  

MMmmmm prawns are my favorite!

Enhenyero 3 May 2009 at 02:37  

arap naman neto, gusto ko din matuto magluto. xchange links tayo?

Tangled Noodle 3 May 2009 at 14:28  

Masarap! (I'm trying to re-learn Tagalog! I can understand when it's spoken to me but I have to read it very slowly and I can't really speak or write it. Isn't than weird and sad?)

Anyway, this dish looks wonderful! I love making shrimp dishes and this would be a great addition to our menu. Love all the spiciness!

MaMely 6 May 2009 at 16:35  

naks ang sarap naman! this looks so delish. shrimps and prawns are my favs. Thank you acdee for adding my blog on your side bar.

Jen 7 May 2009 at 02:58  

This looks so yummy!!! I love shrimp and this looks like a quick and delicious recipe. Maraming salamat!

Sweta (My Indian Dietitian) 16 May 2009 at 00:11  

I sure am gonna love this-you've used my fave seafood :)
Great blog-will keep coming back for more awesome recipes!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP