Baked Potato with Smoked Paprika-Cheddar Cheese

>> Sunday 31 May 2009

Everytime I look at this potato, I can't help but giggle and I don't know why. Is it cute or what ? It is wickedly cute!


I consider myself as "mabaw ug lubot" in our native language which means that I appreciate even the smallest things (don't ask the literal meaning of that :-P).

Now, I've picked this method of slicing while browsing for types of potatoes. I was trying to figure out what kind of potatoes am I using, but until now I still cant figure it out exactly what it is, however, I have a strong feeling that it is a russett potato though because it looks like Mr. Potato Head :-)

I made this as a side dish to my Filet Mignon with Reduced Balsamic Vinegar Sauce along with Shiitake mushrooms and peas in butter.



Baked Potato with Smoked Paprika Cheddar Cheese

3 Large Potatoes- Russett
2 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp melted butter
salt and pepper
2 tbsp ground smoked paprika cheddar cheese
dash of paprika
Directions
Preheat oven to 400F
Peel potatoes or you can leave the skin on however brush the potatoes thoroughly.
Cut the potatoes crosswise, like making thin discs, but only 2/3 all the way through.
Coat with some of olive oil and melted butter and season with salt and pepper.
Place it in a microwavable container with an open vent and cook in high heat for 5mins.
Carefully arrange on a sheet-lined baking pan.
Bake for 15 mins (lightly browned). Brush with oil and butter and top with ground smoked paprika cheddar cheese and dash of paprika. Return and bake for another 5 minutes until golden brown with the cheese melting into ooey and gooey yummy goodness!

Chow down while it's piping hot!

8 comments:

MaMely 1 June 2009 at 04:37  

wow, you are so creative. I love the way you sliced the potatoes!VEry appealing.

Unknown 1 June 2009 at 11:27  

Quick & easy! I can't wait trying this.

Kim, USA 1 June 2009 at 16:13  

Kung hinde ko binasa yung title I thought it's a pineapple. That is my first time I see this kind of slicing looks very appealing and so yummy.

Confession Nook 3 June 2009 at 09:31  

mamely: ainakuha ko po yan sa internet..hehehehe ganda nga..=)

amor: tanks..let me know..=)

manang kim: hehehe..oo nga noh..looked like pineapple din..macro shot kasi...=)

sweta: thanks dear..

Anonymous,  14 June 2009 at 08:11  

wow, this sounds like a great side dish! i'll try it out when we have steak next week ;-)

Confession Nook 14 June 2009 at 09:27  

gandarynako: yes it is..simple but yummy..let me know..=)

Jamie 16 June 2009 at 03:43  

That potato looks fantastic! Great idea. I'll bet it was so yummy as well as pretty.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP