Chicken Tikka Masala- Absolute Heaven!

>> Thursday 5 March 2009

Yesterday, I baked a couple of pre-packed battered haddock for my baon to work later in the evening. I also brought a couple of tangerines and strawberry yogurt for my early morning snack. Only to know that I will not be having any of it.
I went doing the routine work when Babitha, our Indian co-worker who was there in the kitchen cooking up her chicken tikka masala, offered to give me some. Absolutely! Although, at the back of my mind, I was a little bit skeptical, hmmm, I heard that it is good but I haven’t tasted Chicken Masala ever or not even any masala dish. I also thought masala was a dish but Babs said it is a spice, a regular in every indian kitchen. She let me smell every spice she has in her little bag and from there, i knew that i would like masala, i would like indian food.

So she gave me a complete dinner, jasmine rice with fried chicken masala and sauteed chicken tikka masala. First bite was absolute HEAVEN! It is so yummy that I just wouldn’t want to stop eating. My nose was running because it is quite spicy but I LOVE IT! I can tolerate spicy foods well. It sort of tasted like crab aligue (crab fat)+coconutty hot and spicy curry!

I definitely want to know how to cook this dish!

Thanks Babs!

2 comments:

Jamie 18 April 2009 at 16:58  

How lucky you are to have a coworker that would offer you such a gift! I love chicken masala and this sounds delectable!

Confession Nook 19 April 2009 at 08:11  

yes indeed! we share common passion about food and she knows I'm very interested with different cuisines..=)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP