Lemon Pancakes for the mohawk-haired Baby Boy

>> Sunday 24 May 2009

First of all, I would like to give credit to my mom, who makes the best pancakes! I have never ever eaten pancakes as good as hers. I've been making these babies over and over again however I can't seem to do it exactly the way my mom does. There's really something about our mothers "cooking" that we can't seem to duplicate. Even if I use the same ingredients, it just doesn't seem to end up like hers which in a way has led me to stick with my own version. =)


Our son, Orlov, loves pancakes too! We used to have this for breakfast after an early morning walk at the park. Although when I was still at home, I used to just make a simple pancake recipe and top it with store-bought maple/honey syrup. Fruits on pancakes isn't as common back home. I'm trying to add different flavor/fruit each time so that when I come home, he would enjoy a different twist on one of his favorites.

Lemon Pancakes with Honey Lemon Syrup

1.5 cups All purpose Flour/Cake Flour
1.5 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3 tbsp sugar
2/3 cup evaporated or fresh milk
2 whole medium eggs
1/4 stick unsalted butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp lemon rind
1 tbsp lemon juice

Directions
In a large bowl, sift together dry ingredients. Set Aside.
Cream butter and sugar. Add egg one at a time until well incorporated. Pour in vanilla, lemon rind and lemon juice.
Gradually add the dry ingredients. Mix well just until smooth and no lumps.
Over medium heat, grease griddle with a little butter. Pour about 2 tablespoons of batter. Once the top starts to bubble, lift the edge of the pancake with a pallete knife to see if it’s turned golden brown, flip it over and cook the other side which should only take about half a minute.

Honey Lemon Syrup

2 tsps butter
1/2 cup honey
1 tbsp lemon juice

Mix together and warm over low heat stirring constantly.

Pour over stacked pancakes and garnish with lemon wedges.



I also made this using an orange. Just substitute the lemon with orange or any other fruit of your choice. Garnish with orange sections and/or whipped cream.

Now, shall we eat pancakes?




3 comments:

Jen 24 May 2009 at 21:21  

Mukhang masarap talaga ito. The food pic looks so yummy. Ang cute ng baby ninyo!

MaMely 29 May 2009 at 16:36  

Ang ganda naman ninyong dalawa! That's a beautiful picture of you and your son.
I love pancakes, so I'm going to try your recipe.thanx for sharing it.

Jamie 16 June 2009 at 03:45  

Beautiful pancakes. Love anything lemon, and I'll bet that these would make not only a great breakfast but a great dessert as well (a little whipped cream?).

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP